Ghee ¨C 1 cup
gram flour (besan) ¨C 2 cups (coarsely ground)
Khoya (mawa) ¨C 1 cup
Cardamom powder ¨C 1 tsp
For the sugar
Sugar ¨C 1 ½ cups
Water ¨C 1 cup
Milk ¨C 2
Pistachios and almonds ¨C 4 tbsps (chopped)
- Place the gram flour
in a bowl. Heat the ghee and add half the quantity to the gram
- Rub the ghee into the gram flour till it begins to look like
- Heat the remaining ghee in a kadai. Add the gram flour
and ghee mixture and cook till the mixture is golden brown. Stir
- Stir in the grated mawa and cardamom powder. Keep it
on the fire for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from fire and cool till
it is warm.
- Make the sugar syrup by adding sugar, water and
- Pour the hot sugar syrup over the gram flour mixture. Stir
- Pour the mixture into a greased plate.
with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Let it set for 4-5 hours. Cut
into squares and serve at room temperature
- Add the curds and
gram flour in a vessel and mix them together.
- Add water and
all the spices and mix well. Add the radish pieces.
- For the
tempering, heat the ghee and add mustard seeds, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
When they stop spluttering, remove from the fire.
- Add the curry
leaves and the tempering to the kadhi mix.
- Heat the mixture and
stir continuously till it thickens.
- Simmer for 10
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve